Confession: I have yet to do any holiday shopping. I’m never this last minute but with only one day off since Halloween, it’s been hard to squeeze in or even think about. Monday is finally the day. Can we all agree that sometimes shopping can be a little stressful? I don’t know about you but I try to buy things with intention, rather than just picking something up because I have to. I think that’s why I’m struggling this year; I haven’t had much time to think things through. I made this gift guide based on my preferences, so if you’ve got a gal like me on your list and are still struggling for that perfect gift, I’m sure they’d enjoy any of these picks!
1. I had been eying this product for a while until I got to meet the owner at the Hudson Hullabaloo a few weeks back. This dry shampoo is perfect for that morning when you are running late and can’t squeeze in a shower, or after a workout and you’re on the go. (I also use the Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray to give my straight locks more texture.)
2. This album is my favorite album of the year. I have it constantly playing in the car; perfect for road trips of any length.
3. I stopped in at the new Athleta store at Crossgates and OMG: I secretly wished I was a personal trainer so that I had a valid excuse to wear gym clothes all day. I very selectively purchase new gym wear (because of the cost) for myself and this would be my next purchase.
4. I wear and diffuse Young Living Essential Oils daily. Peppermint oil picks me up throughout the day and gets me energized for my next workout.
5. Whether the gal you are buying for is vegan or not, this cookbook is by far my favorite. The recipes are simple, there are photographs on almost every page and the handful that I’ve tried, are super delicious. Make it a date and try something new together.
6. Oh the Garmin Forerunner 220. This will be my next upgrade when the time comes. And it’s purple! (But really, everyone at my gym loves it.)
7. This salve is great day-to-day, while hiking to keep your lips from becoming chapped, and even on your cheeks when you need a little color.
8. Brown leather really seems to be “in” but not so much when you’re a vegan. This overnight bag is 100% man-made and would be my go-to choice for a weekend getaway.
9. A busy gal needs a place to put all of her plans. Year after year I return to this planner and can’t say enough good things about it. The new mom, teacher and workout fanatic on your list would all love this planner!
10. I’ve never tried the meals from Outdoor Herbivore but the reviews look great! Not only do I not have a dehydrator, I also don’t have the time to make my own dry meals for backpacking. Problem solved! And now the stockings are stuffed!
11. No matter how dressed down I tend to get on the weekends, I do love a simple pair of earrings. This pair is to die for. So dainty. So black. So perfect. And also locally made. If you’re in the Capital Region, the maker is having a trunk show today at the Fort Orange General Store. You’re welcome.
Happy holiday shopping, everyone!