Because my birthday was on the 23rd and I’m personally having a birthday promotion for any new members from now until the end of the month, I figured I’d share some of my favorite Young Living products. 23 to be exact. I have more but this post is going to be long enough, ha!
In no particular order:
- ImmuPower : this is a new to me oil and being completely honest, it smells like your house the day after you made tacos for dinner (there’s cumin in it) BUT this is an immune system powerhouse… it even says so in the name. I have the beau rub in 1-3 drops on my spine before bed and always wake up feeling my healthiest.
- Thieves Laundry Soap : this is the only laundry soap we use in our house. No dyes, no fake fragrances, no formaldehyde… yes, that’s typically found in other brands. I went through Mortuary school, formaldehyde is not something you want to come in contact with on a daily basis. Smells great and is good for 64 loads!
- Peppermint EO (regular and Vitality) : I use this daily to help support my digestive system by adding a drop to my water or chocolate shake. I also rub it directly over my lower stomach before heading out for a run. It’s also wonderful rubbed on your temples after a long day at work.
- Lavender EO : We use this oil every single night as a part of our bedtime routine. Helps promote rest and relaxation; we diffuse it and also rub it on the bottom of our feet (vita flex points can be found in a reference book / online).
- Dewdrop Diffuser : I have had and currently use a number of Young Living’s diffusers. Current inventory count: five. Hands down the dewdrop is my favorite because it is quiet and fills an open space nicely. And I like the shape. Yes, you can buy diffusers for slightly less online or at other random stores that don’t specialize in this category, but they’ll probably die within a year, especially if you use it daily. Been there, done that. My oldest diffuser right now is probably 4-5 years old and isn’t showing signs of slowing down.
- NingXia Red : This whole body supplement is something I drink at least 2oz of each morning. Do your research, the wolfberry has a number of benefits. I drink it chilled with a drop of Black Pepper Vitality EO and Lime Vitality EO.
- Sulfurzyme : This supplement combines wolfberry with MSM, a naturally occurring organic form of dietary sulfur needed by our bodies every day to support the immune system, the liver, circulation and proper intestinal function and works to scavenge free radicals. If you’re an athlete, I highly recommend this product to help promote recovery. I take 2 capsules on days that I workout.
- Life 9 : This is a new to me supplement but so far, so great! It has 9 beneficial bacteria strains (probiotics) that help promote healthy digestion, supports gut health, and helps maintain normal intestinal function for overall support of a healthy immune system. I take this supplement when I’m not brewing my own kombucha, and this month I’ve taken the month off = 1 capsule before bed. Have you every heard the saying “healthy gut, clear face?” I attribute my clear skin to having a healthy, happy gut. (The capsule is vegan friendly too!)
- Satin Facial Scrub Mint : I love love love this product! A little goes a long way, so I’ve had my current tube for about a year, if not longer. Smells great, feels great and isn’t too rough on my skin. I leave it in the shower and use it once a week. A great gift!
- Wolfberry Eye Cream : is a natural, water-based moisturizer and is used under your eyes to soothe and minimize the appearance of fine lines. The tiniest bit goes a long way, if you ever want a sample, I’d love to share!
- Thieves Dentarome Ultra Toothpaste : I have to admit, it took me a long time to get use to Young Living’s toothpastes because they don’t foam like traditional toothpastes. But that’s because they are lacking sodium lauryl sulfate, which is good because this surfactant is linked to skin irritation and painful canker sores. No thank you! It’s much easier to use if you’ve jumped on the electric toothbrush bandwagon.
- Thieves Fresh Essence Mouthwash : No disgusting dyes (ever wonder why a traditional mouthwash is neon blue or green?), no artificial flavors and no alcohol = no painful burn after you’re done using it! I use this at least once a day and it’s great to gargle with if you’re feeling a tickle in the back of your throat because it is loaded with a bunch of essential oils.
- Half way thru! If you’re still reading, you’re a trooper! Lavender Hand & Body Lotion : I love the smell of this lotion and I love the way my skin feels after using it. Like many of Young Living’s products, a little goes a long way. This is the only lotion I keep in the house (yes, it was hard breaking my Body Shop addiction) but it’s the only lotion that doesn’t give me a headache these days – and that’s because there aren’t any fake fragrances in it.
- Seedlings Baby Wipes : Yup, I don’t have a kid and I still buy these! Oh, the smell is heavenly and they aren’t harsh on your skin. I use these to remove makeup and I’ll also pack a couple when hiking. They are perfect after a long day in the woods (if you’re camping out and not showering).
- Thieves and Lavender Foaming Hand Soap : I have both and love both. The Thieves is great, especially this time of the year with a lot of funk floating around. I keep the Thieves downstairs in the kitchen, and the Lavender upstairs in the bathroom. Pro tip: you can reuse the containers and make your own soap easy peasy when empty.
- Savvy Minerals Blush in color ‘I Do Believe You’re Blushin” : I recently went to a Savvy Minerals get-together and tried the entire line, this is my favorite product. The color is great and so pretty on – really, if you’re in a hurry and can only pick two items to wear, I’d choose the blush and mascara. It’s light, long lasting, you don’t have to worry about toxic ingredients and it’s vegan. Next month you can buy a starter kit with the makeup, I highly recommend giving it a try!
- White Angelica : This is a blend that I’ve worn for many years. It can create a positive atmosphere and inspire feelings of security and optimism – no matter what life throws at you. If I know I’m going to be facing challeneges, I lather this baby on my shoulders and march out the door – watch out world!
- Peace and Calming : I’ve been using this oil the longest, as this oil is the one that I use to use with the kiddos during their bedtime routine. It’s a smell that takes me back and I love diffusing it – I’m hoarding a good amount of it ha ha. Seriously, if you know someone who’s having a baby, this little bottle is the perfect gift.
- Valor : This oil is second in line for using the longest and it’s one of Young Living’s top selling products. It’s finally back in stock after many years of waiting and you can only buy two a month. Seriously, we all LOVE (and hoard) valor. It personally gives me the feeling of strength, so if I know I’ll need it before a race or challenging day, I lather it on the back of my neck. I also dilute this oil in the Sensation Massage oil and use it as my daily perfume on my wrists.
- Copaiba Essential Oil : I find this oil intensifies other oils. After a long hike or run, I love to apply this oil directly to my legs or feet (or whatever is tired) with Peppermint or PanAway for an added cooling sensation. You can also ingest the Copaiba Vitality oil, and I do this by adding it to my daily NingXia on the days I workout.
- Dragon Time Essential Oil Blend : This is a blend that has a sweet, herbaceous aroma and can help promote feelings of stability and calm during cycles of moodiness. See what I did there? Know what I’m talking about? I love this oil blend and think that every woman should have it in her wellness routine.
- Into the Future Essential Oil Blend : I LOVE this blend! When you’re evaluating and setting goals for the future, lather this blend on! I wore it during my time of transition – while looking for a new job late last year – this smell keeps me positive and focused. I’m all about positive affirmations, add this to your daily pep-talk.
- Last but not least, any of the citrus essential oils, both regular and Vitality : Citrus oils really lift my spirit. They remind me personally of warmer, sunnier days, and I love to add them to my diffuser and to my water. Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Tangerine, Orange and Bergamot – they can be mixed and matched, oh, the possibilities are endless. Two reminders: if you’re adding oils to your water, make sure what you’re drinking out of is NOT made of plastic. The oils will eat or breakdown the plastic and you don’t want to ingest that. Also, citrus oils should not be worn in direct sunlight = they’ll increase your chance or burns and sun spots. I like to wear them above my heart.
Phew! That’s a long post! With a photo of the essential oil rack my dad made me for my birthday – he’s the best! I have this hanging up in our kitchen with the vitality oils that we cook with, I add to my water and oils that I diffuse frequently in this area.
As mentioned above, to celebrate my birthday and my personal commitment to make healthier choices the older I get, I’m personally hosting a little promotion for any new members from my birthday (January 23rd) until the end of the month (full moon): $10 added to your account if you sign up with a Premium Starter Kit (an amazing value), and $20 added on to your account if you join AND sign up for Essential Rewards your first month – good for trying ANYTHING you’d like! It’s scary leaving behind products you’ve used for years – I know this because it’s taken me years to make healthier swaps for old products – this is my little push in that direction. Reach out to me if you’re interested <3