Let me just say that if there was one store I’d want to hibernate in this winter it would be The Botanic Studio.
When you walk in it’s like walking into a rainforest. It’s soothing. It smells fresh. And everything is so alive! The only problem is you want to buy every single plant in the store… and I don’t think they’d last in my jungle at home with kitty running the place.
Little fact about me: I kill all plants. Not intentionally, it just happens. It’s amazing that my sprouts grow. Any way, I told Dawn (the fabulous owner and maker of all things plant) this and she quickly reassured me that I’d find something tough enough to out live a couple of weeks on my desk; and she was right! Some of the items I’ve purchased from her and subsequently given genders to:
- two different types of succulents: both sit on my desk, one has gone wild trying to locate the sun
- a money tree: hey, I am in finance
- a carnivorous pitcher plant: yup, this plant eats the fruit flies in my apartment
- a cactus: sits in our kitchen oh so happily
- a mini-terrarium necklace as a mother’s day gift
- some sort of reed-looking plant as a birthday gift
But she doesn’t carry just plants. She carries all things nature. Drift wood ornaments and frames. Jewelry with neat stones. Candles. Kits for kids. And some of the best skin care oils and balms around. That last statement was my opinion but really, they are super.
Enough about me. Take a look around her store, or better yet, go visit it in person at 282 Riverstreet! With the new year she’s going to begin to offer workshops on how to build your own terrariums; you just might see me there (if I’m not working of course).