Last year a wrote a post around my birthday with some of my favorite Young Living products and I figured I’d do it again because it’s fun looking back to see what I was enjoying at a specific time. That was a long list and at 33 I don’t have it in me – read: I don’t want to spend my day off in front of the computer. I took the day off to reflect, make lists, write down goals and get shit done. My birthday is my New Year and it’s only fitting that I include a short list with some of my favorite green products.
This is what I do to all of my bib numbers (if you’re a weird numbers person and a runner, you’ll get this, ha) 23 = 2+3 = 5
- Thieves Laundry Soap: I only have one designated job in our home and that’s laundry. The beau does the dishes and I do the laundry. I’ve always been sensitive to scented laundry soap and after doing my research about free & clear, decided to make my own. (BTW, that post was written 8 years ago.) I continued to make my own but to be honest, DIY everything can be a little overwhelming. So when Young Living released their laundry soap I jumped on that train as fast as I could, ha! This is and has been the only laundry soap used in our home for the last 3+ years. Yes, the bottle is small and when you order it for the first time you’re going to say, “holy heck this is so tiny?! You’re kidding me!” – I know, because I said the same exact thing. But it works. And it’s mega concentrated. The bottle says it’s good for 64 loads but I’d like to say at least 75. The scent is light (Thieves oils = hello extra immunity boost) and it’s plant based. Oh, and marathon tested and approved. Ha! If you order it on Essential Rewards, you’ll also earn $2.95 – $7.38 back on future orders, all depending on how long you’ve been participating in the wellness program. For me, I’m at 25% or $7.38, so I’m paying $22.13 for the bottle = 30 cents per load. Remember, what you wash your clothes with stays in your clothes. You then wear your clothes which touches your skin, which is your body’s largest organ. What goes on your skin goes in your body. This is why I love the Young Living laundry soap = no worries!
- Clary Sage: In 2018 I made the decision (with the advice of my OB/GYN PA) to take myself off of birth control. I had been on it for 15+ years which honestly scared the crap out of me. The reason why I had originally gone on it wayyyyy back in high school (or was it middle school?) was to regulate my cycle and reduce the amount of cramping I was experiencing. Now as an adult, I’ve found a way to support my endocrine system without the use of medication: clary sage. This oil has been a game changer for me. For the first couple of months off birth control I did nothing to support this system to see what my body would do on its own. My cycles were irregular, as expected, and oftentimes accompanied with heavier cramping like the good ‘ole days. Then I started using Clary Sage. I’d like to think this oil supported my endocrine system to regulate my cycles, which are now just as predictable as they once were. The week prior and during menstruation I specifically use Dragon Time, which also contains Clary Sage, directly on my abdomen or inner arms. Cost breakdown: there’s about 250-300 drops in each 15ml bottle. Depending on the day (and I don’t wear this oil daily), I’m using anywhere between 1-5 drops (smell is strong and a little goes a long way), about 20 cents per use. I can’t tell you the last time I purchased this oil but it was a least a year ago.
- Lavender Calming Bath Bombs: If you know me, you know I hate showering. And I love to take baths! I’ve swapped the classic Avon bubble bath (RIP my beloved childhood scent) for this fun, fizzy (and safe!) option. The smell is so relaxing (hello, lavender!) and because there’s coconut and sweet almond oil in the mix, my skin feels so so soft afterward. Another perk: because there’s no artificial coloring, they won’t stain your tub! Oh, AND THERE’S ZERO FRAGRANCE! I took this off of Lush’s website: “Settle in for a good soak with an original Lush invention, exploding with essential oils and tons of fizzy fun. Whether you’re after a relaxing, petal-laden floral soak or an invigorating multilayered explosion of color and scent, there’s a bath bomb perfect for every bathing experience.” but when you look under ingredients, what do you find? Fragrance. FRAGRANCES ARE NOT ESSENTIAL OILS. Oh, and before I end this rant: just because something is vegan DOES NOT MEAN IT’S HEALTHY. Hello, Oreo example, ha! Price breakdown: there are four per package = $6.43 per bomb and that doesn’t include the 25% back if you order them on Essential Reward. Lush = $6.95 per bomb. Boom.
- Thieves Roll-On: Same great oil, even easier to use throughout the day! This essential oil blend aka powerhouse supports your immune system and comes pre-diluted so you can just roll it on whenever it’s needed. I keep this product on my dresser and use it in the morning while I’m getting dressed (bottom of my feet) and at night before I slip under the sheets (also great on the back of your neck). And because it’s already diluted, kiddos can easily grab and use as well. Because it’s the winter and we’re all locked inside with yuck circulating in the air, I recommend this product for every single person. You get a Thieves! You get a Thieves! Everyone gets a Thieves roll-on! (said in my best Oprah voice)
- ART Intensive Moisturizer: I just ordered this product for the first time back in November because I knew the cold air was coming and I wanted to be prepared. I’ve been using and love the light moisturizer for years but knew I’d need something a little heavier December thru February. The scent is light and it doesn’t feel heavy – I’ve been loving it! I use this cream daily after washing and using the toner. As you can tell, I’m a mega fan of the ART line. It works for me and it’s simple to use; I’m a not-too-many-steps kind of gal. Wash. Toner. Moisturize. Two months in and the container still feels full. I know the light container lasts me about 6 months so if this is similar, it would be about $10 per month.
You gals (and guys), it’s hard to choose only 5 items! But these are the items I use the most at 33, so far. Young Living is so much more than oils and as someone who prefers not to have to stop at multiple locations, I love the simplicity of having everything shipped to my doorstep from a single website.
What are your 5 favorite Young Living products?