In this week’s bag:
- brussels sprouts: these will be roasted and then baked into a macaroni and cheese with soy chorizo.
- spaghetti squash: gobbled up this afternoon with leftovers! I got up at 6 am to bake the squash and then packed them into our lunchboxes with lentil meatballs and homemade sauce.
- yellow onions: will be used in the “cheese” sauce for the mac & cheese mentioned above and also the carrot soup below.
- salad mix: all that talk about pasta requires at least one salad for dinner, tonight.
- kale: while the squash was baking, I made a big pot of short grain brown rice. I picked up some shredded unsweetened coconut on lunch… you know what that means… all time favorite kale dish!
- cameo apples: Sliced and dipped in peanut butter, simple but the best morning snack at work.
- yellow carrots: all time favorite soup time!
I literally LOVE everything in this bag! And could repeat it for another three weeks before the frozen goods kick in.
And while we’re on the topic of veggies, this weekend the beau and I will be vending at the Albany VegFest 2013. Stop by and check it out! There will be demos, speakers and samples galore! Make sure to say hi if you do pass through! Stay happy and healthy my friends!